Monday 3 April 2006

Walking over Sydney Harbour Bridge


I have been to Rome 3 times. The first and second time I dropped a coin in the Trivie Fountain. Doing that is supposed to mean that you will return to Rome one day. The last time I went I gave the dropping coin in fountain a miss. That was 40 years ago and I haven't been back. Must mean something.


I have been to Sydney 6 times now, very nice place. Each time I come I walk over the bridge. For me it's a little like the coin in the fountain, don't do it and you never go back. So at some stage in the trip I do the walk. Not the one the people on the arch are doing (click on the picture for more detail). I do the free walk using the walk way you can just see. Them on the arch pay Au$125 for the privilege and they don't even end up on the other side of the Harbour.

I went out for breakfast on Sunday morning in the city. Everyone was complaining that it was cold, 16C, poor souls.

My sister is getting a computer (her first) and it should arrive to morrow. She doesn't know yet that she has no chance of getting near it for at least 3 days, it will take me that long to make sure that it is working properly. It is hard blogging in an Internet Cafe.

We don't get British news here, papers are full of their own bad news, but I was wondering if Tony had gone yet.

No comments: