Thursday 3 May 2007

Any Ideas?

I was on the Strand the other day waiting to take over a bus when this Little Green Coach appeared. By the time I had got the camera out this was the only shot I could get. I haven't seen it since and wonder where it came from. I remember travelling on coaches like that back in the middle of the last century, when they were called charabangs (which was French for char-à-bancs , literally “carriage with benches).

A regular passenger got on this morning and as I was waiting time he had a little moan about some of the things he had seen while travelling on the buses. I thought he was going to have a go at the group of young people we had visiting our pubs last week end but he started on a story about some one getting on a bus and flashing a ticket at the driver and shouting, "It's an explorer." and walking down the bus holding his finger over the ticket.
(Sound familiar, click here if it doesn't).
I realised that he was telling a story that had happened to me a week or so back but hadn't noticed that I was the driver involved. He seemed to be enjoying telling the story so much I didn't have the heart to break the news to him that I already knew the ending.

Note; I know it is charabanc but when you are 8 years old it sounded like charabang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I know it's an old 1949 or 1950 Bedford OB Duple 29 seater.. but as for who operates it... no idea... sorry...